Fall is a great time for a wedding. The busyness of summer has faded, but the holiday rush hasn’t begun. The days and nights are cooler, but not too cold. Fall brings back fun, warm and cozy memories with family and friends (hayrides, pumpkin and apple picking, jumping into leaf piles, sitting around campfires on crisp nights). You can use these fall time perks as starting places for your wedding motif. Below are some ways our couples have incorporated the warm fuzzy feelings of fall into their wedding day.
1. Use pumpkins, gourds, apples and/or acorns as part of your centerpieces or place cards (Spray paint them with gold and silver paint or add glitter for extra sparkle).
2. Make your meal all about fall comfort foods (roasted pork loin, meatloaf, pot roast, root vegetables, Brussels sprouts and macaroni and cheese).
3. Serve your comfort foods “Family Style”.
4. Create a “cookbook” favor (include favorite family recipes or recipes from places you have traveled together)
5. Have a fire pit and s’mores (or better yet a s’more bar).
6. Have cider and donuts.
7. Forget the cake and have pie or cobbler (a la mode of course 🙂 ).